Sit comfortably, with knees slightly apart and relax the muscles of your thighs, buttocks and abdomen – breathe normally.
Tighten the ring of muscle around the back passage – imagine you are trying to stop wind or diarrhoea.
At the same time squeeze the same muscles you would use if you tried to stop passing urine mid flow.
Avoid tightening thigh and buttock muscles.
TIP: If technique is good you will feel and sometimes see the base of the penis move upwards very slightly.
- Do the above as one movement.
- Hold and count to 5 seconds
- Relax and count to 5 seconds
- Repeat for 10 squeezes
Aim is for slow controlled squeeze and release.
- Increase the hold count from 5 to 10 if able.
- Do the same movement again but do 10 short fast contractions.
- Do the slow and fast contractions at least 1 to 3 times a day. Continue doing the above once a day to maintain control
Associate this with a regular activity e.g boiling the kettle to help you to remember to do the exercises.
Try to progress to doing the excercises whilst standing.
It will take around 12 weeks to obtain real benefit.