Who is the service for?
We support young parents who are:
- Age 19 years or under when you got pregnant
- Living in Bristol with no plans to move away for six months
- Pregnant for the first time as confirmed by a health professional (included if first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, stillbirth or termination)
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant (after 28 weeks but before baby’s birth you may still be eligible, please contact us).
What we do
Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) is a home visiting programme for first time young parents and their families. It will help you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy
- Improve your child’s health and development
- Plan your own future and achieve your aspirations.
Click on a link below to view a list of resources for the following subjects:
Information and signposting
To get more information about Family Nurse Partnership:
If you are a young person, carer or a Professional and would like to talk with a member of the team please call direct on:
How can I be referred into the FNP service?
Your midwife should discuss the FNP programme with you at booking and they can then complete a notification form which they send to us. If we have space, we will contact you to discuss the programme further and you can then decide if you want the extra support or not.
Anybody can complete the notification form including you, your family or other professionals who you are working with.
Getting more help (more extensive goal-based help)
If I enrol onto FNP what can I expect?
The programme starts in pregnancy and continues until your child is at least one, and often until they are two years old.
You usually work with the same nurse during that time, and she will spend some time discussing what areas you would most like support with and how often the visits should take place.
This is reviewed regularly, and visits are designed to meet you and your families’ specific needs.
I am a professional...
Please notify FNP of all those eligible for the programme by completing a notification form, which can be requested by emailing email@example.com or if you would like to talk with a member of the team, please call direct on:
- 0300 125 6275