Who is this service for?
The Henderson Rehabilitation Unit is an inpatient rehabilitation service on the top floor of The Grace Care Centre in Thornbury.
Access is available to all adults over the age of 18.
What we do
The unit has 20 beds and our teams provide intensive rehabilitation for:
- people who are unable to safely return directly home following a hospital stay due to on-going rehabilitation and care needs and require intensive therapy to transfer home
- people who are struggling in their own homes due to a reduction in mobility or function and require a short period of intensive inpatient rehabilitation to help them return safely home. This may prevent an admission into a hospital setting
How do I access this service?
A formal referral is required to access the facility. This will be either:
- from a hospital professional to facilitate a discharge from a hospital bed
- from a GP or other community professional if access is required to ‘step up’ a person from their home
I’m a clinician – how do I make a referral to this service?
A referral would be made in one of 2 ways:
- a referral would be completed on a Single Referral Form (SRF) within the hospital and would be managed by the Integrated Discharge Team (IDS), through the Integrated Care Bureau (ICB) for a ‘step down’ bed
- a referral would be taken through our Single Point of Access (SPA) team on 0300 1256789 if a ‘step up’ from the community was required
Visiting the unit
Please contact the unit to discuss visiting arrangements.
Visiting for people under the age of 18 will be at the discretion of the Unit Lead or the nurse in charge. These visits, if agreed, will need to be prebooked with the unit team.