Skip to main content

How to raise a concern or complaint

We hope that you are pleased with the service you have received. However, if you do have an issue, the best thing to do is speak with a senior member of the team providing your care. If you do this as soon as possible we can hopefully resolve the matter immediately.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, or you are not satisfied with the response, our Experience and Complaints Team can help you to raise a concern or a complaint.

You can contact the Experience and Complaints Team to raise a concern or make a complaint:

T: 0300 124 5400*

You can also contact the Experience and Complaints Team using our British Sign Language interpreting service. See the British Sign Language video interpreting service page for details of how to contact InterpretersLive! and use this on-demand interpreting service.


Many issues can be resolved by talking directly to the staff member involved or their manager. Alternatively, the Experience and Complaints Team will liaise with the Service Manager on your behalf and the Service Manager will contact you confirming what has been done to redress your concerns.


In the first instance, our Experience and Complaints Team will contact you about the issues you are raising, clarify what it is you are unhappy about, and how you would like us to put things right for you.

You will receive a letter from the Experience and Complaints Team acknowledging your complaint and outlining how long it will take us to investigate and find a resolution.

If possible we will always try to resolve your complaint within 25 working days. However circumstances outside of our control sometimes prevent this from happening, but we will always keep you informed of any delays.

Nurse helping older lady to write

What happens to your complaint?

The Experience and Complaints Team will act as your point of contact within Sirona. All complaints will be investigated by the Service Manager and, where appropriate, another manager who will act as an independent investigator.

Our Chief Executive will review and sign all complaint response letters.

Once the investigation has been completed an action plan will be agreed with the relevant Director ensuring any improvements to our services are taken forward.

What happens if you are not happy with our response to your complaint?

If you are still unhappy with the outcome following receipt of our response to your complaint, you can appeal and ask for an independent review.

The Ombudsman will only accept complaints once you have been through our complaints process.

If your complaint is related to health care, you can appeal to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,
London SWIP 4QP

Helpline: 0345 015 4033
Fax: 0300 061 4000

Receiving information in a different format

We want everyone to be able to access our services. We will ask you if you need information on your complaint in a different format way.

You can view our accessible information and communication page for more details of how we will ensure you receive information in the right way for you.

View our video to find out more about how to make a complaint

You can also view this British Sign Language (BSL) version of our video about how to make a complaint.

This video uses British Sign Language to give you tips on making a complaint to the NHS in England, including where to get advice and support.

You can also see this easy-read document about what to do if you are not happy with your healthcare. Click the image below to view the file.

Man reading braille

Do you need help making a complaint?

If you are a South Gloucestershire or Bristol resident and your complaint is about your health care, the free advocacy service is provided by Well Aware at the Care Forum.

You can contact them at:

The Care Forum,
The Vassall Centre,
Gill Avenue,
Bristol BS16 2QQ

Phone: 0808 8085252

woman talking on phone

Contact the Experience and Complaints Team

Contact the Experience and Complaints Team to raise a concern or make a complaint:

T: 0300 124 5400*

* Calls from a landline are charged up to 10p per minute; calls from mobiles vary, please check with your network provider. This is not a premium-rate number.